Bido Lito! are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bido Lito! Magazine and have our registered office at 12 Jordan Street, Liverpool L1 0BD.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data you provide by filling in forms on the following Site (“Site”), www.bidolito.co.uk
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Bido Lito!, and when you report a problem with our Site.
• If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website and services.
Through customer surveys, subscriptions, and newsletter registration, our Site may request users to give us contact, demographic and/or financial information (such as their name, locale, gender, age, income level and email address). The demographic information is used, among other things, to enhance user experience so We can be more content specific. The contact information is used to notify users of new services and content, as well as for surveys and newsletters.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Storing Your Personal Data
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Using Your Personal Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, or to which you have expressed a particular interest.
We are committed to keeping your information confidential and secure. We do not sell, rent or loan your personal information to third parties.
We will only contact you in this way if you tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data.
Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services and for in-house statistics.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in s.1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Bido Lito! or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these website have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Your Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.